Dundalk vs Sligo Rovers
Republic of Ireland – Premier Division
Date: Friday, 19 October 2018
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Oriel Park (Dundalk).
Lilywhites have already ensured their title with 26 wins in 34 matches. They were a class apart to other teams. With a 12 point difference between second place Cork City, and 2 games remaining for both of them, no threats are remaining.
The Town coached by Stephen Kenny was second last season. They came back stronger this season and also qualified for the UCL first round.
Coach will be looking to rotate the squad in these final two matches.
The spearhead of the team was striker Patrick Hoban. His top scoring performance was all that was needed for the club to raise them to the top.
The Bit ’o Red coached by Gerard Lyttle finished the previous season in ninth position when there was 12 teams in the PD. This season Lyttle managed to save them from relegation.
They are 8th in the table just above Limerick in the relegation zone. They have more losses (17) than wins (11) in the Division.
Dundalk vs Sligo Rovers: Head to head
- Dundalk has 8 wins and just 1 loss in the last 10 h2h fixtures between them.
- The reverse fixture back in April saw Dundalk win 2-0 away.
- The table toppers have won 8 of their 10 previous games in all competitions. They have lost and drawn 1 game each.
- At home Kenny’s side have 3 wins and 1 loss inn 5 recent matches.
- Meanwhile Sligo are having a bad time. They have won 4 and lost 6 of last 10 games. Away from home they have 3 victories in 5 games.
Dundalk vs Sligo Rovers: Prediction
Dundalk may rotate the squad as these last two games won’t affect their championship. Even if they lose both they will be crowned champions. But they would not want to make their home fans unhappy and will look for another win at home.
It is worth to note that a minimum of 2 goals in total have been registered in the last 7 meetings between these two.
Hoban is the top scorer in the league with 21 goals, he has conjured 27 goal in all competitions this season and has an 8 goal lead over his nearest competition. With him on the pitch the Rovers will possibly bleed goals.
Dundalk vs Sligo Rovers: Betting Tips
Both teams to Score and Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10 (2.10).