Soon to be Bundesliga runners up Borussia Dortmund host tenth placed VfL Wolfsburg in the matchday 32 fixture on Saturday evening, 30th April 2016. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 14:30 GMT.
Dortmund are on some tremendous form lately and they are unbeaten at home in Bundesliga this season. But their title credentials may well end on Saturday evening itself, if Bayern Munich with a 7 points lead at the top of the table, win their match against Gladbach. So Dortmund may look to go out relaxed and play their remaining three matches for their fans.
Wolfsburg under Dieter Hecking are really struggling at the moment and are win-less in their last six matches and he may need his team to finish well to save his job. They have no chances of making it into European competitions next season, and can best achieve a top half finish if they win the remaining three matches.
- Borussia Dortmund are unbeaten in their last 14 Bundesliga matches, with 11 wins and 3 draws.
- Dortmund have kept a clean sheet in their last 2 games and scored 2 or more goals in their last 6 league matches.
- Dortmund are unbeaten at home in the league all season, with 13 wins and 2 draws from their 15 matches so far.
- Wolfsburg are without a win in their last 6 league games, with 4 defeats and 2 draws.
- Their away form is even worse, as Wolfsburg lost three matches in a row and failed to score a goal in two of them.
Borussia Dortmund: Team News
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ilkay Gundogan are not match fit and they are not expect to make it into the team sheet.
Neven Subotic and Joo-Ho Park are the players injured for Dortmund and we may see some rotation in the starting line-up here.
Borussia Dortmund: Predicted Line-up (4-3-3)
Schmelzer, Hummels, Sokratis, Piszczek,
Kagawa, Weigl, Castro,
Reus, Ramos, Mkhitaryan.
Wolfsburg: Team News
Start player Julian Draxler, along with Sebastian Jung, Carlos Ascues and Bruno Henrique are sidelined for Wolfsburg due to respective injuries.
Andre Schurrle returns after serving his one match ban and is expected to start here.
Bas Dost is expected to start ahead of Max Kruse in the attacking front.
Wolfsburg: Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Rodriguez, Dante, Naldo, Trasch,
Vierinha, Arnold, Schurrle,
Borussia Dortmund vs Wolfsburg: Head-to-Head Stats
- Dortmund have won 3 of the last 6 meetings between the two sides, while Wolfsburg won in 2 and one match end in a draw.
- Dortmund have won only once in the last four meetings with Wolfsburg, while they lost in 2 and drawn 1.
- Wolfsburg are on 2 match unbeaten run at Dotmund after winning in their visit and drawing the other.
Borussia Dortmund vs Wolfsburg: Prediction
Borussia Dortmund are heavy favourites to win the match against Wolfburg. Their home form has been excellent this season and many sides had found it hard to come here and return with a point.
Wolfsburg are extremely poor and need inspiration from somewhere. Coming on the back of a 6 match win-less run, they are expected to struggle at Westfalenstadion on Saturday.
My score prediction is a 3-0 win for Dortmund and we may see a 2-0 score line at the half-time.
Borussia Dortmund vs Wolfsburg: Bet Tips
Best Bet: Over 2.5 goals at Full Time.
Risky Bet: Reus to score first goal.
Big Money Bet: 0-0 at Half Time.