Dijon vs Caen
2018/19 French Ligue 1
Date: Saturday 1st September 2018
Kick off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Stade Gaston Gerard (Dijon).
After demolishing Nice 4-0 away from home last weekend Dijon have turned some heads and they have been installed as odds on favourites to win this home game against Caen.
Dijon have started superbly in the league with 3 matches and 3 wins and the unlikely position of being 2nd in the league. They have also beaten Nantes and Montpellier scoring 2 goals each time meaning they have 8 goals already just 1 goal behind PSG and they have only conceded 1 goal, Dijon are really turning it on at the moment playing some wonderful attacking football.
Caen are down in 16th place and looking for their first win of the season after losing their opening game against PSG, they went on to draw their next two games against Nice and Nantes respectively by the same score line of 1-1.
Dijon vs Caen: Head to Head
- Dijon have won the last 3 games played at home against Caen, and all three games ended with the same correct score of 2-0.
- There is a 70% chance based on recent results that both teams will not score.
- For the last 3 games played at Dijon the highest scoring half has a 100% success rate to be equal.
Dijon vs Caen: Prediction
Dijon and Julio Tavares are in great form and they have become a great combination. It’s unsure if the form of club and player can stay like this for too long so we should get on both to be successful in this game.
Caen are just not offering much excitement at this stage of the season and it looks like if they are going to earn points it will more than likely come at home. This looks like a very difficult game against a very confident side at the moment.
Dijon vs Caen: Bet Tips
- Dijon to beat Caen at 1.91 (10/11)
- Anytime goal-scorer: Julio Tavares (Dijon) at 2.63 (13/8)
- Correct Score: Dijon to win 2-0 or 3-1 at 8.00 (7/1) and 15.00 (14/1).