Derry City vs St Patrick’s Athletic
Republic of Ireland – Premier Division
Date: Friday, 18 March 2022
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Brandywell Stadium.
Both these teams could be counted amongst the best in the Irish top flight. St. Patrick’s are on a winning streak, and are at the top of the table. They have displayed great prowess in their offense, and will be eager to keep a hold of this top-tier position.
Meanwhile, Derry have a game in hand, and they need a surplus of just one point to climb level with the first position. They are also unbeaten all through the campaign, and have been finding the back of the net quite in plenty lately.
By the looks of things, anticipate a goal-fest this weekend at the Brandywell Stadium.
Derry City vs St Patrick’s Athletic Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last four overall wins were evenly split into two each for either squad.
- The latest clash had ended in a 1-0 win for Derry.
- Two of the past four encounters at this venue had three or more goals.
- Seven of the preceding ten meetings at this ground had goals from both teams.
Derry City vs St Patrick’s Athletic Prediction & Analysis
Derry had won three of their last four overall fixtures, and they are on an unbeaten run of 13 match-ups. They had also won eight of their past eleven appearances at home, and they had scored two or more goals in four of their past five home fixtures.
On the other hand, St. Patrick’s are the toppers, and are on a three-match winning streak. They had scored a total of five goals in the process, and they have lost just once on the road since October as well.
Considering these observations, expect a goal-fest this weekend between the two.
Key Stats for Betting
- St. Patrick’s are placed at the top of the table, and they have scored the most number of goals so far.
- Only one other squad has conceded fewer than them as well.
- Meanwhile, Derry are one of the only three teams yet to lose a fixture.
Tips for Derry City vs St Patrick’s Athletic
Both Teams to Score @ 1.83 (5/6)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).