Derby County vs Leeds United
England – Championship
Date: Sunday, 19 July 2020
Kick-Off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Pride Park (Derby)
The Rams have lost all three of their previous league games both home and away. This has taken their losing tally to 15 in the 44 rounds. They showed real promise in the middle part of the season but slowly faded in the business end of it.
Leeds cannot afford to lose at this point in time. They have a five-match lead at the top of the table over nearest rivals West Brom. The latter helped them get that lead by drawing both of their recent fixtures. Leeds is currently on a four game-winning run with the latest of those coming against the bottom team Barnsley.
Derby vs Leeds: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Derby County is unbeaten in its last two meetings with this opposition.
- Leeds has three wins and a defeat in five previous head to head games.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those five matches across all venues.
- The visitors have won both their recent trips to this ground.
- They have won three of their last five matches at this venue.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games.
Derby vs Leeds: Prediction
The home team had to face tough opponents in their last two home matches. They lost one of those which were against Brentford and the tie with Nottingham Forest was a draw. So this will be a real challenge for them as they face the toppers. The visitors also have a moral advantage with a winning streak going on at this ground.
The reverse fixture back in September 2019 ended both of them scoring a goal each. The away team has conceded in four of their last five games here against the Rams. Even though the hosts have lost their three recent league games scoring was not an issue for them. Wayne Rooney’s side has scored at home against Forest and Brentford in the recent past. So I am backing the visitors to win with both teams getting in the score sheet.
Derby vs Leeds: Betting Tips
Leeds United to win @ 1.78 (7/9).
Both teams to score @ 1.73 (8/11).