Deportivo vs Eibar:
2016/17 Spanish La Liga.
Date: Friday, 19 August, 2016
Kick-off: 21:00 UK.
Venue: Riazor (A Coruna).
Deportivo La Coruna open their 2016/17 Spanish League fixture with the home game against SD Eibar on Friday night at the Riazor.
The Depor finished the 2015/16 La Liga season at 15th position in the table and escaped relegation by four points. Together with the 20th placed Levante, they had the least number of wins in last season, which stood at 8. Following the disastrous season, Victor Sanchez was sacked after 12 months from taking charge at the Riazor. He is replaced by Gaizka Garitano who brought Eibar to the La Liga for the first time in their history.
At the visitors bench will be Jose Luis Mendilibar, who is in charge of Eibar since Garitano left the club on June 2015. Eibar were 14th in the league last season with and had one point more than Deportivo. They are only in the third season at Spanish top division football. They finished 18th in first ever spell in La Liga during 2014/15 and were actually relegated. But Eibar was reinstated in La Liga after the Spanish football federation punished the 13th placed Elche for financial irregularities.
Deportivo vs Eibar: Head-to-Head Statistics
- Eibar and Deportivo La Coruna earned promotion to La Liga in the same 2013/14 season after finishing first and second in the Segunda Division.
- They had met on six occasions so far with Depor winning three, Elche 1 and two ending in draws.
- Deportivo are unbeaten in three home games against Eibar with 2 wins and a draw.
- Eibar’s only win against Deportivo was in their first ever league meeting in Segunda Division on December 2013 and failed to win in five matches since then.
- The last five matches between these two sides haves seen under 2.5 goals.
Deportivo vs Eibar: Prediction
Deportivo La Coruna are coming after a productive pre-season where they managed to win in 6 of the 8 friendlies. Their defense has been stand out in each of the friendlies and let in 1 goal from the last 6 matches. While Eibar failed to find any rythm in the summer friendlies and managed just two wins from their 10 matches. The wins against Qatari side Lekhwiya and the new promoted Osasuna are the only positives.
Eibar are a poor away side and managed just 7 wins from 38 matches over the last two La Liga season. And their poor record against Deportivo make the hosts firm favourites to start the season with a win.
On the goal markets, it is likely to remain under 2.5 goals same as what we have seen in the previous five matches between these two sides.
Deportivo vs Eibar: Betting Tips
1) Deportivo to win at 1.95
2) Under 2.5 goals at 1.62