Barcelona will be keen to bounce back with a win when they travel to Estadio Riazor on Wednesday’s Spanish La Liga fixture; scheduled to kick-off at 19:00 GMT on 20th April 2016.
The Blaugrana have now lost three in three and the morale in the locker room will be shattered. Three weeks ago they have a ten point lead over second placed Atletico Madrid and now they are level. They can still win the title if they stay level on points with Atletico at the end of the season. But one more slip will be enough to end their title bid.
Deportivo are very unpredictable and are 13th position in the Spanish La Liga table. They do not have anything to achieve this season other than a place up the top half of the table. So the hosts are team under no sorts of pressure to achieve a result, but they will be pumped up to rub salt on Barcelona’s recent woes.
Deportivo: Team News
Goalkeepers German Lux and Fabricio are injured, which means Manuel Fernández will once
against start in goal.
The defenders Alberto Lopo and Alejandro Arribas will miss the game through suspension,
which brings veteran Manuel Pablo and Fernando Navarro in defense.
Luis Alberto and Fede Cartabia are doubts, but the former will be assessed close to the
kick-off. If Alberto doesnt pass fitness, Faycal Fajr is likely to start in a number 10
- Barcelona lost three matches in a row and failed to win in their last four La Liga games.
- The Blaugrana last two away games end in a draw and a loss, but they scored 14 goals in 4 away matches prior to that, conceding just 3.
- Deportivo have just 1 win in their last 17 La Liga matches, with 8 draws and 8 defeats.
- Four of Deportivo’s last six home matches have seen over 3.5 goals.
Deportivo: Expected Satrting Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Manuel Pablo, Navarro, Sidnei, Laure
Cani, Fajr, Juanfran
Barcelona: Team News
Gerard Pique is suspended for this match after accumulation of yellow cards, while Arda Turan returns from his ban.
Marc Bartra is expected to start in centre defence as both Thomas Vermaelen and Jeremy Mathieu injured.
Barcelona: Expected Starting Line-up (4-3-3)
Alves, Mascherano, Bartra, Alba
Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic
Messi, Neymar, Suarez
Deportivo vs Barcelona: Head-to-Head
- Deportivo La Coruna have not won against Barcelona in the last 11 matches in Spanish La Liga.
- Barcelona failed to win against Deportivo in the last two league meetings after both matches ending in 2-2 draws.
- Deportivo’s last win against Barcelona was at Riazor in April 2008.
- Barcelona are unbeaten in the last 5 matches played at Deportivo, with the last 4 being wins.
- Barcelona have scored 3 or more goals in the last four matches at Deportivo.
Deportivo vs Barcelona: Prediction
Barcelona must win this match or they will be dismantled from the top of Spanish La Liga table. It is upto Luis Enrique to motivate the team against an unpredictable side like Deportivo. At the same time, Deportivo will be in good spirit and their morale will be good after having drawn in the last two matches against Barcelona, and that too at Camp Nou.
From the outside, they do not have any chance of winning this match at all. But if they snatch a draw, that will end Barcelona’s title ambitions in the worst possible way. And therefore, pressure will be immense on the Barcelona to get a win here.
Barcelona will probably win this one and if they start scoring goals in the first half, the margin will be a big one. For a bet like Barcelona to win, offers no good returns and if you are brave enough back Deportivo for a double chance – win or draw. It is a very risky bet, but far better than an odd for Barcelona win at 1.28.