Darmstadt vs Wehen
Germany – 2. Bundesliga
Date: Sunday, 21 June 2020
Kick-Off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Venue: Merck-Stadion am Bollenfalltor (Darmstadt)
Two recent defeats have cost the hosts the chance to progress in the points table. They are currently 5th in the table but still have a chance of promotion. The Lilies lost their last league game to toppers Bielefeld in a close game which finished 1-0.
Wehen is coming into this match from a proper thrashing at the hands of Nurnberg. They conceded a whopping 6 goals in that away game and could not get on the score sheet. Apart from the away win against Kiel they have lost all four of their five previous league outings. The team from Wehen needs a miracle to prevent relegation to the third tier.
Darmstadt vs Wehen: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Darmstadt remains unbeaten against this opposition in their 5 previous meetings.
- Wehen previously won this fixture back in February 2012.
- The majority of their recent meetings had less than 2.5 goals in total.
- The visitors have 3 wins and a loss in their last 5 trips to this ground.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals came in four of those 5 head to head matches here.
- The hosts are on a 9 match unbeaten run in home games.
Darmstadt vs Wehen: Prediction
The home side has done pretty well this season. They have drawn more matches than they have won and the two recent defeats were unexpected. The team played well against Bielefeld but one silly mistake cost them the deserved point from that game. But at home, there is no one better at the moment. They have not lost a league game here since December 2019. So I am backing the home team to win on Sunday.
Wehen has lost more than half of their 32 games this season. But they have a competent attacking line up which has netted 39 goals so far. But the defense could not rise up to the mark and support the attack. So I think we will see goals on both sides of the pitch in this one.
Darmstadt vs Wehen: Betting Tips
- Home team to win @1.62 (5/8).
- Both teams to score @ 1.57 (4/7).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.