Daegu FC vs Pohang Steelers
South Korea- K League 1
Date: Saturday, 16 May 2020
Kick-Off at 08:30 UK/ 09:30 CET
Venue: Daegu Stadium (Daegu).
Daegu will welcome the three-time Asian champions this Saturday. After drawing away against Incheon, the team from Daegu will need to get back to winning ways. But currently, their home form is anything but satisfactory. They have only 2 wins in their last 10 matches in front of their home fans.
Most of their recent defeats came due to their lack of concentration in defense. The attacking line-up is also not the best in the competition.
Last time around Pohang had to settle for a 4th place position. Despite being equal on points with Seoul FC they were unable to qualify for the AFC Cup playoff spot. This time they have started well with a comfortable win over Busan. They are currently on a 2 match winning run away from home. They need to continue this form in their away matches if they wish to better last season’s finish.
Daegu FC vs Pohang Steelers: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Daegu is unbeaten in the last 4 meetings with this opposition (W2, D2).
- The last 3 matches between them had fewer than 2.5 goals.
- The hosts have 3 wins and a defeat in the last 5 head to head games at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals came in total in 3 of those 5 matches here.
- Daegu is winless in the last 5 home matches.
- Pohang is on a 3 match winning streak in the league.
Daegu FC vs Pohang Steelers: Prediction
Pohang started the season well with a win. But they have a bad record at this ground in the recent past. Daegu has an unbeaten streak going on in front of their home fans. Pohang cannot be written out easily as they are unbeaten in their last 5 competitive games. They have defeated teams like Ulsan Hyundai and Seoul away from home in the last season. So I am predicting a close match with a narrow in for the visitors.
Also, I think we may have very few goals in this matchup. A small number of their head to head games had more than 2.5 goals in total. Adding to this the poor attacking unit of Daegu, I am backing a win for the visitors with both teams not scoring.
Daegu FC vs Pohang Steelers: Betting Tips
- Away team to win @ 2.20 (6/5).
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.85 (6/7).