FC Copenhagen vs CSKA Sofia
Europa League Qualifying – 3rd Round 2nd Leg
Date: Thursday, 16 August 2018
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Telia Parken (Copenhagen).
FC Copenhagen vs CSKA Sofia Analysis for Prediction
- Copenhagen will be the happier side after coming from a goal down to win it 2-1 in Bulgaria.
- The Danes who have had several Champions League appearances under their belt, go into the second leg tie as firm favorites to advance to the play-off.
- CSKA had a decent qualifying campaign until the first leg with the team beating Austrian outfit Admira 6-1 on aggregate.
- However, their consistency is always in question as they needed penalty shoot out to get over Latvian club Riga FC in the first leg.
- We have to put our money where it is worth and this is why we must take the home win with eyes closed for this fixture.
- The only team to beat Copenhagen in Europa League is Atletico Madrid and we cannot go wrong with this prediction.
FC Copenhagen vs CSKA Sofia Betting Tips
FT – Copenhagen to win at 5/11 (1.45).
Over 1.5 goals for Copenhagen @ 3/5 (1.60).
All Analysis and Tips for Second Leg Europa League fixtures compiled by Aron Wright. Below, you may find the preview for first leg of the corresponding tie.
Both CSKA Sofia and Copenhagen are flying high coming into their third qualifying round tie in this term of Europa League.
The hosts got off to a dream kick off to the new First League season, winning each of opening three games, a streak saw them two points clear at the top of the league ladder after three rounds.
Not only have they dominated domestic affairs, but CSKA also went past both Riga and Admira in the continental competition to set a very intriguing clash with Danish Copenhagen.
The visitors started the Superligaen campaign with a shocking home loss to Horsens on the opening Matchday, but they have won three on the bounce ever since.
The thread is enough to keep them at the second place with only a single-point deficit to leaders and last term runners-up Brondby.
As far as Europa League goes, they eased past both KuPS and Stjarnan in past two rounds.
Both teams have been very tough to break down in the most resents set of fixtures.
CSKA conceded just two goals in last seven games in all competitions, while Copenhagen head into this having kept five straight clean sheets.
It will be interesting to see if the two outfits will be able to maintain such splendid defensive form knowing they both possess high quality weapons in the final third.
Kenan Kodro was the most lethal of Copenhagen’s strikers, netting four goals so far in Europa League.
On the other side, Stale Solbakken will need to keep an eye on the Brazilian forward Maurides who bagged as many as five goals in five appearances for the Sofia side across competitions.
CSKA Sofia vs Copenhagen: Head-to-head
This will be the first ever head to head outing between the two sides.