Admira Modling vs CSKA Sofia
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 2nd August 2018
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK / 19:00 CET
Venue: BSFZ-Arena (Maria Enzersdorf).
- A 3-0 win from the first leg puts CSKA Sofia in a commanding position for the second leg against Admira Modling.
- This is the third Europa League campaign for Admira and never got beyond the third round.
- Poor results in friendlies and a second 3-0 defeat on the weekend (against Rapid Vienna in Bundesliga) keeps Admira on low morale for the second leg tie.
- CSKA Sofia have a couple of group stage appearances under their belt, but they haven’t made it that far since 2010/11.
- The Bulgarians are a tricky customer to negotiate in both home and away games and they must see this through without much trouble.
Admira Modling vs CSKA Sofia Betting Tips
- CSKA to win at 2.10
- Over 1.5 ft goals at 1.43 odd.
Admira Modling vs CSKA Sofia Head-to-head
CSKA Sofia and Admira locked horns for the first time last mid-week. The Bulgarians the happy bunch bagging a comprehensive 3-0 win.
Admira Modling vs CSKA Sofia Preview
CSKA Sofia got out of jail in the last round against the Latvian club Riga. The Bulgarian First league runners-up were forced into penalties after losing the return fixture 1-0 away in the Latvian capital.
Nestor El Maestro’s men, however, survived such scare as they’ll be playing Austrian Admira for the place in the third qualifying round.
Sofia obviously need to bring their game to the higher level if they are to dispatch the much more serious opposition here. The good news for them is Admira’s recent form.
Admira have played just 1 competitive match ever since late-May when they fell 0-3 at home to Rapid Vienna in the Bundesliga opener this weekend. They had a poor pre-season and well and confidence will be low with a win overdue.
They came only fifth in the Bundesliga ladder at the end of last season, typically known as a team for inconsistency and leaky defense.