Crystal Palace vs Stoke
England – FA Cup
Date: Tuesday, 1 March 2022
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace are one of the prospects to secure a top-half finish in the English Premier League this season. They have had a tough schedule lately, and still they have managed to go on a satisfactory run.
In fact, since the end of November, their only defeats have come against teams placed in the top-seven of the table.
This Tuesday, they have an opportunity to make it to the Quarter Final of the FA Cup, and this will be a major confidence boost for the squad. And they have the luxury of playing at home, against a team from the second division.
Stoke are stuck in the bottom half of the Championship, and are on a long stretch of worrying performances. They have also been struggling on the road for quite some time, and most importantly, they have a poor h2h record against this rival over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Palace this Tuesday at the Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace vs Stoke Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 1-2 win for Crystal Palace.
- They had won nine of the past ten meetings.
- They had scored a total of eight goals from the previous three encounters at home.
- It’s been 15 years since the guests have won at this stadium.
Crystal Palace vs Stoke Prediction & Analysis
Palace were unbeaten in five of their past six overall games, and this sole loss had come against current European champions, Chelsea. The team had scored a total of five goals from their past two fixtures combined, and they have lost just thrice at home in the past three-month period.
On the other hand, Stoke are on a two-fixture losing streak, and also a four-game winless run. Moreover, they have won just six times on the road in the past nine-month period.
Considering these observations, and the h2h superiority of Palace, expect a win for them this Tuesday at the Selhurst Park.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only five times have Palace lost in the past three-month period, despite going through a tough schedule. And the losses had come against Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham, and West Ham.
- Stoke had conceded two or more goals in the last four games in a row.
Tips for Crystal Palace vs Stoke
Crystal Palace to Win @ 1.67 (2/3)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Crystal Palace @ 1.80 (4/5)
Correct Score: 2-1 Crystal Palace @ 9.00 (8/1).