Crystal Palace vs Liverpool
English Premier League
Date: Monday, 20 August 2018
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Selhurst Park (London).
The first Monday night football of the 2018/19 English Premier League set up Crystal Palace against the title hunting Liverpool.
Both teams started their campaign in fine fashion, Palace a 2-0 win away at Fulham and the Reds spoiling Manuel Pellegrini’s return to England with a crushing 4-0 win at Anfield.
Despite the positive results, the teams took totally different approach in their respective games.
Palace as an away team at Fulham, were patiently holding a deep backline and saw only a humble 34% of ball possession. Still, they managed to pull 9 shots on target.
Jeffery Schlupp draw first flood just before half time, the former Leicester an Ghana midfielder registering his first ever goal in Seagull’s shirt.
The second one is courtesy of the impressive Wilfried Zaha, 11 minutes from full-time, who later went on to renew his contract with the London based outfit.
Liverpool were totally dominant in their approach and this is what visiting teams at Anfield must expect this season.
It took them only 19 minutes to get their name on score-sheet, courtesy for Salah, late Mane scored twice at both halves and finally the icing on the cake by Daniel Sturridge.
Klopp seem to have plugged all holes in this Liverpool squad. The new signing from RB Leipzig, Naby Keita put an impressive shift, arguably the best midfielder on the pitch. Meantime, Alisson’s inclusion means they have a man to relay between the goal posts.
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool Head-to-head
- Liverpool won both Premier League games against Palace last season – 1-0 at Anfield, 2-1 at the Selhurst Park.
- The previous 6 in all competitions went in as an away win. Precisely Palace won thrice at Anfield and the Reds the exact amount at the Park.
- Eleven of their last 12 h2h meetings in all competitions saw both teams scoring and over 2.5 goals.
- There has been just 2 stalemates in their last 18 head-to-head fixtures in all competitions.
- It will be worth to note that Crystal Palace lost their last four competitive games at home to the Reds, they were unbeaten in the previous 6 with 4 wins and 2 draws.
- Also, the last 7 meetings between these two at the Selhurst Park saw btts and over 2.5 goals.
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool Prediction
The head-to-head analysis and the performances of the teams on opening week of the season reveals that we are in for a cracker of a match this Monday.
Liverpool’s dominance at the Selhurst Park over the past four years as well as their goal-scoring prowess makes them clear favorites to win here.
Crystal Palace showed us that they like to sit patient without the ball, but surprise anyone with lightning quick counter attacks. Wilfried Zaha’s form is impeccable, he already scored one last week.
Thus Monday’s Premier League fixture must go down as a high scoring thriller, but for sure, this has Liverpool win written all over it.
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool Betting Tips
Both teams to Score @ 3/4 (1.75)
Over 1.5 goals in the second half @ 4/5 (1.80)
Zaha to score any-time @ 3/1 (4.00)
Liverpool to win @ 5/11 (1.45).