Crystal Palace vs Bolton Wanderers
FA Cup – Third Round Replay
Date: Tuesday, 17th January 2017
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 GMT
Venue: Selhurst Park, London.
Just the way we predicted, Bolton Wanderers were able to force a replay by earning a 0-0 draw when they played hosts to Crystal Palace on 7th January. Palace are in some trouble courtesy of a poor form in Premier League and are outside the relegation zone due to a superior goal-difference with Hull City. Bolton on the other hand are promotion candidates in League One, the third tier of English football.
Crystal Palace were thrashed 3-0 in their weekend Premier League trip to West Ham, extending their win-less streak to 8 matches in all competitions. Moreover, they have tasted victory just once in their last 16 competitive matches. And they lost 11 matches during the period, a daunting rate of 68.75% of the games.
Bolton Wanderers are also coming on the back of a defeat; at home against Swindon by a 1-2 margin. And they are now winless in the last three games in all competition, but 2 of those are draws. Their away form could worry the head-coach Phil Parkinson as they were only able to win once in the last 4 outings. The Wanderers are positioned third in League One at a 6 point gap from league leaders Sheffield United.
Crystal Palace vs Bolton Wanderers: Head-to-head Stats
- The 0-0 draw on 7th January at the Macron Stadium is the second consecutive goal-less draw between the teams.
- Bolton have a healthy h2h record over Crystal Palace in recent meetings as they have 5 wins to their name from the last 11 meetings.
- Crystal Palace were only able to win once with 5 meetings between the sides seeing draws.
- While playing at home, Palace haven’t won in the last 5 games, while Bolton have picked 2 wins alongside 3 draws.
- Interestingly, Palace have failed to score in each of their last 4 home games against Bolton.
Crystal Palace vs Bolton Wanderers: Prediction
The physiological advantage is with Bolton Wanders here and they will be under little pressure as they are coming against a team from the Premier League. The 0-0 draw in the first leg had set the perfect platform and they will be coming here with great confidence.
Crystal Palace are win-less in the last 8 games in all competitions and are on the back of 3 consecutive home defeats. They have also tasted defeats in 6 of their last 7 home games. The stats are all against them and we believe Bolton will remain unbeaten by the end of 90 minutes.
Crystal Palace vs Bolton Wanderers: Bet Tips
Double Chance – Draw/Bolton at 2.40 (7/5).