Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 27 November 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace have been on an unbeaten run lately, and especially so at home. However, they would seriously want to limit the number of draws.
Meanwhile, Aston Villa seem to be overcoming their struggles, after Steven Gerrard took reins for the club. Still, it’s very early now, and the former Liverpool captain will have a lot to do before everything is fine again.
By the looks of things, expect a competitive ninety minutes between the two. And the safer option would be to back goals to come from both sides of the pitch.
Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-2 win for Crystal Palace.
- Three of the past six clashes had three or more goals.
- The hosts had failed to score just once in last eight match-ups at this ground.
- Only thrice have the visitors failed to find the back of the net at this stadium in the last 25-year period.
Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Prediction & Analysis
Palace were held to a 3-3 draw the last match-day by the 18th placed Burnley. They were also winless in ten of their preceding thirteen fixtures, and have shown struggles in their defense all through this stretch.
On the other hand, Villa had won 2-0 at home the past game week, against Brighton. But their losing streak before that poses a serious question about the team, and especially the state of their defense.
A win is of utmost importance for both these squads, and it goes without saying that these two will target each other. And the expectation is that goals will come in huge numbers, at the Selhurst Park this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Palace have a total of just two clean sheets from their last eight games.
- They are on a seven-match unbeaten run at the moment – but five of those were draws.
- They have been completely unbeaten at home since May, but they could deliver just two wins at this stadium in the process.
- Meanwhile, Villa had lost five of their past six games, and had conceded three or more goals in three of their former five matches.
- They had also lost seven of their former ten road trips, and had let in two or more goals in four of their past six away matches.
Tips for Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa
Both Teams to Score @ 1.80 (4/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).