Crotone vs Udinese
2016/17 Italian Serie A.
Date: Sunday, 14 May 2017
Kick-Off: 14:00 UK,
Venue: Stadio Ezio Scida (Crotone).
With just three games to go, Crotone will again try to pick up all three points as they continue to wage their increasingly desperate battle to avoid the drop.
The Squali now have gone six games without defeat since suffering a narrow 1-0 loss to Fiorentina on March 19th. Their sudden uptick in form has fans and neutrals alike cheering them on, as prior to mid-March, it appeared that the relegation battle had been already decided.
Well, so far, Pescara and Palermo have been already condemned to Serie B. Crotone, despite sitting in 18th, are certainly not keen to join them just yet. They are just four points from catching and overtaking Empoli, who themselves have suddenly awoken from their stupor as they frantically try to avoid ending up in the bottom three.
Crotone are ready to rock and roll. For the Squali, it’s win or go down. Udinese, meanwhile are simply just cruising along, already looking forward to their holiday. The Zebrette are safe and have been quite poor as of late. Although they managed an impressive 1-1 draw at home against Juventus, their away form is another story all together.
Udinese have lost their past two on the road, and in a dismal fashion. They ended up losing 4-0 to Bologna and 3-0 against Napoli. In addition, they have shipped two or more goals in their last three on the road, which further plays this tie into Crotone’s hands.
Crotone vs Udinese: Head-to-head statistics
- Crotone have a record of W3-D3-L7 in their last 17 home games against teams ranked above them in the table.
- Udinese have a record of W9-D4-L7 in their last 20 away games against teams ranked below them in the table.
- The Squali have won one and drawn one of their last two home games: they’ve never gone unbeaten for three games in a row at home.
- The only meeting between these two sides came in the reverse fixture: Udinese won 2-0.
- Udinese have failed to score in 7 of their last 9 away matches.
- The Zebrette have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 away matches.
- Crotone are undefeated in their last 6 matches.
- The Squali have gained 14 points in their last six games. That’s as many points earned in their previous 29.
Crotone vs Udinese: Prediction
It’s not usual that Crotone are looking like the slight favorites in any game, but the Squali have been in excellent form as of late. They have scored at least two goals in all of their home wins. Udinese, meanwhile, have lost over half of their away fixtures, and as noted, are already safe for the next season, so this will be a game that the Squali need to win. Still, they have managed just two home clean sheets all season, so Udinese may be able to nick a goal here.
Crotone vs Udinese: Betting tips
BTTS – YES at 8/13 (1.62)
Crotone – WIN at 4/5 (1.80).