Coventry vs Shrewsbury
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 14 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: St. Andrew’s Stadium (Birmingham)
Coventry has a firm grip on that automatic promotion and League One title. They had a great season this time around after finishing 8th last season. The Sky Blues have a poor record against Shrews in the recent past but at the present form, they could change that.
Shrewsbury suffered a 2-3 defeat at home against Oxford United. After taking a 2 goal lead they had a player suspended at the end of the first half. This lead to the visitors running ragged in the second scoring the third goal in the final minute. This match is scheduled to be played under closed doors due to the Corona Virus.
Coventry vs Shrewsbury: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Shrews are unbeaten in their 7 recent head to head games against Sky Blues.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of their last 5 meetings.
- Both sides scored in 3 of those 5 matches across all venues.
- The hosts and visitors have a win each in the last 5 games at the home of Sky blues.
- Coventry previously won at home back in October 2015.
Coventry vs Shrewsbury: Prediction
The hosts never looked like losing in the kind of form they are now. Since their away defeat to Shrewsbury, they have never lost a league game. Of the 18 competitive games since that match, they lost only one game in the FA Cup that too in penalties. They also have an unbeaten record at home since October.
Also, the visitors have not troubled the scores in 5 away matches recently. They have scored only 10 goals in 17 matches away from home. Since the home team is one of the best defensive sides in the league I am backing Coventry to keep a clean sheet.
Coventry vs Shrewsbury: Betting Tips
- Coventry City to win @ 1.63 (5/8).
- Coventry to get a clean sheet @ 1.90 (9/10).