Coventry vs Birmingham
England – Championship
Date: Tuesday, 23 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Coventry Building Society Arena.
Coventry are comfortably placed in a playoff spot, and each passing match-day they are trying to increase their stronghold over a top-six place.
And this Tuesday is a great opportunity for the fifth-placed team, as the sixth-placed QPR and the seventh-placed Huddersfield are taking on each other.
Meanwhile, Birmingham have been one of the weakest teams in the league right from the start of the season. They did go on a short-lived winning streak last month, but they had an easy schedule.
Against Coventry from the top-tier, they are expected to be the underdogs this Tuesday.
Coventry vs Birmingham Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Four of the past six clashes had goals from both teams.
- It’s been 15 years since the hosts have lost at this venue.
- The last time these two squads locked horns at this ground, spoils were shared with a 0-0 scorecard.
Coventry vs Birmingham Prediction & Analysis
Coventry recorded a 0-0 draw the last match-day on the road, against Sheffield United. They were also unbeaten in ten of their past thirteen games, and importantly, they had won ten of their preceding fourteen appearances at home.
In fact, they had scored three or more goals in three of their last five home games, and they had slotted in two or more goals in nine of their former fourteen fixtures at this venue.
On the other hand, Birmingham lost 2-0 on the road against Hull. They are also on a two-fixture losing streak, and had remained winless in 13 of their past 18 overall games. Do also note that they were winless in six of their past seven road trips.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Coventry, who are desperate to hold on to a playoff spot.
Key Stats for Betting
- Coventry have a 100% unbeaten record at home barring a single loss, and disregarding another draw, they have a perfect winning record at home this season.
- Only the first-placed Fulham, and the second-placed Bournemouth have scored more goals than them at home.
- Birmingham have a 100% winless record on the road, barring just three wins.
- They had failed to score in five of their past six road trips, and they have a single win away from home in the past three-month period.
Tips for Coventry vs Birmingham
Coventry to Win @ 1.83 (5/6)
Coventry to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 3.00 (2/1).