Cordoba vs Alcorcon
Copa Del Rey – Round of 16
Date: Wednesday, 11th January 2017
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/19:00 CET.
Venue: Estadio Nuevo Arcangel, Cordoba.
The two LaLiga2 teams lock horns for the second leg of their Spanish Copa Del Rey fixture with scored locked at 0-0 from the first leg. Both teams have surpassed LaLiga sides in the previous round of the competitions and are equally determined to get a ticket to the quarter finals of the competition.
Cordoba was part of one of the most exciting fixtures in round of 32 against Malaga and they end up winners with a 6-3 aggregate score-line. The early advantage was taken by Cordoba with a 2-0 win in the first leg and the tie is done and dusted with a 4-3 win in the return leg at the Rosaleda. Cordoba are unbeaten in their last 4 matches in all competitions with 2 wins and 2 draws.
Alcorcon had a tough fixture with Espanyol in the round of 32. They took the lead in both legs, but Espanyol fought back to level on both occasions. The tie was eventually decided in penalties and Alcorcon shad the better luck. The Segunda division side has managed to win just once in regular time in their last 6 matches, drawing 3 and losing 2. While they lost in 5 consecutive away games before the 1-1 draw at Espanyol in the previous round.
Cordoba vs Alcorcon: Head-to-head stats
- Four of the last 7 matches between the two sides are draws; Cordoba have 2 wins to their name, while Alcorcon has 1 during the period.
- The teams met twice this season including the 0-0 draw in the first leg, both at the home ground of Alcorcon. Cordoba won the previous fixture by 1-0.
- Cordoba are unbeaten in the last three matches against Alcorcon with 1 win and 2 draws.
- Alcorcon won 3-1 in their last visit to Cordoba
- Both teams have scored in their last 5 matches at Cordoba.
Cordoba vs Alcorcon: Prediction
If we are to trust the form analysis, Cordoba must win this fixture with ease. They have won 4 and drew 2 of their last 7 matches, losing just once. While Alcorcon have managed just 2 wins away from home this season. We have already seen how lethal Cordoba can be at home, with their 2-0 win against Malaga in the previous round. But expect, Alcorcon to offer a tough test and we might see goals at both ends.
Cordoba vs Alcorcon: Bet Tips
Over 2.5 goals at 2.50 (3/2)
Cordoba to win at 2.30 (13/10).