Columbus Crew vs Toronto FC:
MLS Regular Season,
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2016
Kick-off: 0:00 UK Time
Venue: Mapfre Stadium (Columbus).
Columbus Crew are desperate to end their poor run of results when they meet Toronto FC for the second time in MLS this season.
Columbus Crew fell to another disappointing defeat in the weekend, this time suffered a 3-1 loss at New England making it two losses in a row. Ola Kamara who found the back of the net twice in the 3-2 defeat to Kansas City was on target again, taking his tally to 8 goals in 7 starts and 4 goals from last three.
The Crew FC had won just three games from matches this season and remains at the 9th position of the Eastern Conference table with 16 points, just 2 points more than the bottom placed Chicago Fire. They haven’t won in their last 5, losing 3 and drawing 2. However, they suffered defeat only once in the league this season, but drawn 4 of the last 5 and won 1.
Toronto FC are fifth in the MLS Eastern Conference standings and they were far from convincing in the 1-0 win against the bottom placed Chicago Fire on the weekend. This recorded their second win in 4 games, also the second win in the last 8. They a very inconsistent side on the road and lost in each of their last three away games. They had also conceded a massive 8 goals in those three defeats.
Columbus Crew vs Toronto FC: Head-to-Head Stats
- The teams played out a 0-0 stalemate in their first meeting this season at Toronto; putting Columbus Crew on a 4 match unbeaten run with 2 wins and 2 draws.
- Columbus Crew were 2-0 winners in their previous trip to Toronto, the last of the three meetings last season.
- The Crew FC were unbeaten with 2 wins and a draw in three meetings of MLS 2015 season.
- Overall (27 matches): Columbus Crew – 13 wins; Toronto – 5 wins; Draws – 9.
- Columbus Crew @ Home vs Toronto FC (15 matches): 9 wins, 3 wins, 3 wins.
Columbus Crew vs Toronto FC: Prediction
Columbus Crew are on a poor run of form and haven’t won in their last 5. They had won just once in their 8, drawing 5 of those. They are slightly better at home and are coming on back of two wins in a row.
And considering Toronto’s recent miseries on the road, there is a good chance that this game might end in a stalemate. Considering the defensive vulnerabilities of both sides, it is very likely that both teams will score a goal each here.
One man who is in stunning form is Columbus Crew forward Ola Kamara, who had scored 4 goals in the last 3. I also back him to score anytime in this must win game for Columbus Crew.
Columbus Crew vs Toronto FC: Tips
- Double Chance – Columbus Crew/Draw
- Ola Kamara (Crew FC ) to score anytime.