Colombia vs Uruguay
South America – 2018 World Cup Qualifier
Date: Tuesday; 11th October 2016,
Kick-off at 21:00 UK
Venue: Estadio Roberto Melendez, Barranquilla.
Colombia will be aiming to pull Uruguay down from top spot on Tuesday night when the host them at Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Melendez.
Colombia are 4th in the qualification table, but they are not far of the leaders Uruguay. The home team currently have 16 points to their name, 3 points below their opponent Uruguay who have 19 points to their name.
Their win over Paraguay on Friday night ensured they maintained their 4th position in the table. A win in this game will now tie them on same point as Uruguay but below them on goal difference.
Meanwhile, Uruguay continued their lead in the table after they brutalized Venezuela 3-0 at home. Goals from Lodiero and Cavani were enough to preserve their top spot. A win in this game will ensure they keep floating on top of the table as the International week concludes.
Colombia vs Uruguay: Head to Head Statistics
- This two teams have played 16 times in the past, Colombia have won 5 games while Uruguay have won 9 games.
- The last 4 games between the two teams have been shared evenly, they have won 2 games each and kept clean sheets twice.
- Games between the two teams hardly ends in draw as only two of their 16 games have resulted in a stalemate.
Colombia vs Uruguay: Prediction
This will be a tough and entertaining game, there are no favourites in this game. The two teams involved are in similar phase of form, they have won 3 of their last 5 games and lost 2. They have both kept clean sheets in 3 of their last 5 games.
However, Uruguay are more prolific upfront, they have scored at least 3 goals in 3 of their last 5 games. While Colombia have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 games.
The game could go either way, but expect both teams to score in the game.
Colombia vs Uruguay: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score at 2.00
- Double Chance – Draw/Uruguay at 1.85.