Colombia vs Paraguay
World Cup Qualification (South America)
Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2021
Kick-off at 23:00 UK / 00:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Melendez.
Paraguay have scored just two goals in six away outings in this qualifying term. They boast the second-worst attacking record in the entire competition with only 9 goals scored in 13 matches so far. Knowing how tough the Colombians have been of late, the home win to nil is the way to go in Barranquilla.
Colombia vs Paraguay Head-to-head
- Colombia have been much more successful in the recent head to head history against Paraguay.
- The Colombians won 11, drew 3, and lost 4 of the last 18 meetings with Paraguay.
- One of the last four head to head encounters saw three or more goals scored.
- The teams shared spoils in a 1-1 draw when they met each other in early-September on the Paraguayan soil.
Colombia vs Paraguay Predictions & Analysis
Colombia are looking to finally get back on winning ways on Tuesday evening when they play host to Paraguay in the 14th round of the South American World Cup Qualification campaign.
The Colombians fell 1-0 to Brazil on Thursday night, a defeat that came in after a run of three subsequent goalless draws for them.
Reinaldo Rueda’s men are struggling badly for goals these days. They had only five attempts towards Brazil’s goal five days ago.
They have failed to find the net in four successive qualifiers. Nevertheless, Colombia are still holding the fifth place in the table despite winning only 3 of 13 qualification outings so far in the campaign.
They will host Paraguay in a genuine six-pointer here, given the visitors are just four points below them in the eighth place of the standings.
Paraguay will not enter the match in much higher spirits either. As a matter of fact, they’ve suffered the third defeat on the spin on Thursday, falling 0-1 at home to Chile.
It was a dismal performance from the Paraguayans on the official debut of Guillermo Schelotto on their bench.
Key Stats for Betting
- Colombia conceded only one goal in the last four World Cup qualifiers.
- They won one and drew two of the last three home qualifiers.
- Paraguay will go into this off the back of three successive defeats.
- They have not scored a single goal in the last four qualification games.
Colombia vs Paraguay Betting Tips
Colombia to win @ 1.57 (4/7)
Colombia to keep a clean sheet @ 1.83 (5/6)