Colombia vs Ecuador
World Cup Qualification – South America
Date: Thursday, 14 October 2021
Kick-off at 22:00 UK / 23:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Metropolitano Roberto Melendez.
The home win to nil is the way to go here. The Colombians have kept the likes of Uruguay and Brazil at bay in October, while Ecuador lost each of the last three away qualifiers, scoring just one goal in the process. If we also add the head to head record to the mix, it is very hard to look past the home win pick here.
Colombia vs Ecuador Head-to-head
- The two teams met each other in the group phase of the Copa America this summer in Brazil when Colombia claimed a 1-0 victory.
- Colombia won five of the last six clashes against Ecuador.
- Colombia won each of the last four home matches against Ecuador in the World Cup qualifications.
- Both teams scored just twice in the last twelve head to head contests.
Colombia vs Ecuador Predictions & Analysis
Colombia are hoping to break into the top four in the South American World Cup qualification zone with a win over direct rivals Ecuador on Thursday evening.
The Colombians currently hold the fifth place in the standings and are just one point shy of Ecuador in third going into this Gameweek No 12 tie.
The hosts will go into this encouraged after a strong performance in a goalless draw with section leaders Brazil who had previously won all nine games in the competition.
Reinaldo Rueda’s men have clearly improved their defensive showings of late after conceding as many as 16 goals in the opening 9 qualifiers.
They’ve kept a clean sheet in back-to-back goalless draws to Uruguay and Brazil within the last seven days and they will certainly fancy their chances of keeping Ecuador at bay on Thursday.
The visitors have significantly complicated their situation in the battle for the top-four finish in the South American qualifying zone with a 2-1 defeat to the rock-bottomed Venezuela on Sunday.
The Ecuadorians have thus lost three on the spin away from home and there is not much to suggest a better scenario for them here against Colombia.
Key Stats for Betting
- Colombia won each of the last four home qualifiers against Ecuador.
- Colombia kept back-to-back clean sheets against Uruguay and Brazil within the last seven days.
- Ecuador have just lost 2-1 to Venezuela on Sunday.
- Ecuador lost four of the last five World Cup qualifiers on the road.
Tips for Colombia vs Ecuador
Colombia to win @ 1.80 (4/5)
Colombia to keep a clean sheet @ 2.10 (11/10)