Colchester vs Newport
England – League Two
Date: Friday, 26 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Colchester Community Stadium.
Newport are trying their level best to break into the top-seven of the table, which would make them eligible for an appearance in the playoffs at the end of the season.
Meanwhile, Colchester have a game in hand, and they are desperate to make it count – especially since they are stuck in the bottom tier of the standings as of now.
Likely, expect a competitive match-up this Friday between the two, and expect goals from either side of the pitch as well.
Colchester vs Newport Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for Newport.
- Three of the past four clashes had three or more goals.
- The past six overall wins were evenly split into three each for either team.
- The hosts had scored two or more goals in three of the past four meetings at this stadium.
Colchester vs Newport Prediction & Analysis
Colchester were winless in 22 of their previous 28 overall fixtures, and they had even lost six of their former eleven matches. Do also note that they have a total of four wins at home since the first week of May.
On the other hand, Newport were winless in four of their preceding five games, and they have won just twice on the road in the past three-month period.
Considering these observations, expect the desperate teams to play out a high-scoring thriller this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Colchester have managed to post a total of just five wins so far this season in the League Two.
- They had lost three of their past five overall games, and were winless in eight of their former eleven fixtures as well.
- Meanwhile, only four other teams have conceded more goals than Newport on the road – and three of these teams are placed 21st or below in the table.
Tips for Colchester vs Newport
Both Teams to Score @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.25 (5/4).