Colchester vs Exeter
England League Two Play-Offs
Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020
Kick-Off at 17:15 UK/ 18:15 CET
Venue: Colchester Community Stadium (Colchester)
Colchester has done way better than last season when they finished 8th in the table. They were unable to get into the playoffs by just a single point. But this time around they are 4th in the table and are chasing the promotion to League One. The last two home fixtures ended as defeats which will make the fans nervous about this do or die matchup.
Exeter can tell a similar story of upgrading their game this season which has helped them to get here. But at the latter part of the league season, they continuously lost matches both home and away. Since both teams are coming into this one on the back of defeats we can expect a close match on Thursday.
Colchester vs Exeter: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest two head to head matches between them were back to back draws.
- Exeter remains unbeaten against this opposition in their last 5 meetings.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games.
- Colchester previously won this fixture back in December 2017 at home.
- The hosts have two wins and a loss in the 5 previous clashes at this ground.
- Both sides found the back of the net in 4 recent meetings here.
- Three of those five games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
Colchester vs Exeter: Prediction
Colchester is the best defensive side in this season after Cheltenham. They have conceded only 37 goals this season whereas most top teams have given away more than 39 goals. The visiting attack will have a hard time to break the defense. Since this is a very important match we can expect very few goals since both teams will be playing defensive tactics.
It is true that Colchester has lost both their latest home matches. But prior to that, they had an 8 game unbeaten run that included 5 wins. So they have a great home record compared to the away form of Exeter. Also, the head to head games in recent times will give the hosts confidence coming into this matchup. So I am backing the hosts to win with only one team getting goals.
Colchester vs Exeter: Betting Tips
- The home team to win @ 1.73 (8/11).
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.87 (7/8).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.