Club Brugge vs Royal Antwerp
Belgium – Cup
Date: Saturday, 1 August 2020
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: King Baudouin Stadium.
The Blue-Blacks are the champions of the First Division A this season, and they had confirmed their title in style. In fact, they had a lead of 15 points over the second-placed Gent, and had the best goal difference of all the teams in the competition, +44, with the next best being just +26.
They are also easily the better team in terms of recent form, in comparison to the Great Old, and importantly, have a great h2h record against them over the years.
As such, expect Club Brugge to do the double by winning the Cup competition as well.
Club Brugge vs Royal Antwerp: Head-to-head (h2h)
- In the past 20 years, Philippe Clement’s men have lost just once against this opponent.
- They had also recorded the three biggest wins, with scoreline of 5-1, 4-0 and 0-4.
- They had kept clean sheets in two of the former four clashes.
- Ivan Leko’s men have a 100% losing record away from home.
- In fact, the combined scorecard for the past eight such matches is 21-4, in favor of the league champions.
Club Brugge vs Royal Antwerp: Prediction
The Blue-Blacks are on a three-match winning run, and they were unbeaten in 17 of the past 19 overall games. In fact, they have lost just four times since November of 2019, and three of these losses had come against Real Madrid, Ajax, and Manchester United.
On the other hand, their opposite number were winless in seven of their last ten overall fixtures, and importantly, have lost every single h2h clash for which they were on the road.
Moreover, only once in the last 20 years have they ever defeated this rival as well.
Importantly, one more win would give Clement’s win a domestic double, and they would go after the achievement with all of their might. Expect them to post a win this weekend.
Club Brugge vs Royal Antwerp: Betting Tips
Club Brugge to Win @ 1.50 (1/2)
To Score in First Half: Club Brugge @ 1.60 (3/5).