Clermont Foot vs Sochaux
France – Ligue 2
Date: Friday, 6 March 2020
Kick-Off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Stade Gabriel Montpied (Clermont-Ferrand)
Clermont stands 5th in the league and would want to finish this season there for a possible promotion. They have lost only once in 10 matches. So they have the upper hand over the visitors who are winless in 3 matches.
If Sochaux is to win this one that will be their second win in 11 matches. But that is asking too much out of a side that has lost 6 of their 13 away games this season.
Clermont Foot vs Sochaux: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sochaux have 3 wins and 2 defeats in 5 recent head to head games against Clermont.
- They are currently n a 2 match win streak in Head to head meetings.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 5 of their last 7 meetings across all venues.
- The hosts won the latest meetings at this ground against Sochaux.
- Sochaux won in 2 of their last 5 trips to this ground.
- In 4 of the 6 head to head games at this venue, the final score had less than 2.5 goals.
Clermont Foot vs Sochaux: Prediction
Clermont had a recent setback when they lost to Paris FC in their last home fixture. This ended their 5 match win streak at home prior to that. They scored plenty during that run but was unable to get a goal against a struggling Paris side. They compensated for it in the following away game against Nancy which they won 1-2. So I am backing the hosts to win it despite they lost the last 2 head to head matches.
In 5 of their last 9 league games of the hosts, the score had less than 2.5 goals. This was the same trend in 17 of their 27 matches so far in the league. A similar scoreline was obtained in 20 matches of Sochaux as well which includes their latest 6 away games. So I think we will see a similar scoreline on Friday with less than 2.5 goals in total.
Clermont Foot vs Sochaux: Betting Tips
Clermont Foot to win @ 2.00 (1/1).
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.53 (6/11).