Chile vs Venezuela
World Cup Qualification
Date: Friday, 15 October 2021
Kick-off at 01:00 UK/ 02:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Monumental David Arellano.
Chile are flirting with disaster at the moment. The 2015 & 2016 Latin American champions are dangerously close to miss out on the World Cup. They need a win urgently, and will give their absolute best on their home pitch this Friday against minnows Venezuela. Read our Preview, Prediction, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
Chile vs Venezuela Head-to-head
- The Chileans had won five of the past six meetings.
- They had scored three or more goals in four of the preceding five clashes.
- It’s been ten years since they have lost at home.
Chile vs Venezuela Prediction & Analysis
Chile recorded a 2-0 win at home the last match-day, against Paraguay. In the meantime, Venezuela won 2-1 at home against Ecuador.
Going on, the Chileans were unbeaten in 10 of their previous 16 overall fixtures, and they had kept clean sheets in two of their preceding four games. They have also lost just once at home in the past three-year period, and this sole defeat had come against the Brazilians.
On the other hand, their counterparts had lost five of their preceding six fixtures, and they had remained winless in 13 of their former 15 games. Moreover, they had lost six of their last seven road trips, and it’s been two years since they have posted a win away from home.
On top of all that, they also have a rather worrying h2h record against this rival.
Considering all these factors, expect a win for Chile this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Chileans are ranked 23rd in the world, while their opposite number are placed 49th in the same list.
- Venezuela had crashed out of the group stages itself in the recently-concluded Copa America, while Chile had made it to the Quarter Final.
- Going on, the Venezuelans are placed dead last in the Qualifiers table, and have won just twice so far this campaign. They have scored the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition, and only the ninth-placed Bolivia have conceded more than them.
- Meanwhile, the 2015 & 2016 Copa winners are placed eighth in the table, and they need a surplus of five points to get into a qualification spot. Chances are high for them to improve their standing since the seventh-placed Peru take on Argentina next.
Tips for Chile vs Venezuela
Chile -1 Asian Handicap @ 1.80 (4/5)
Chile to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.60 (8/5).