Chile vs Peru
South America – 2018 World Cup Qualifier
Date: Wednesday; 12th October 2016,
Kick-off at 0:30 UK
Venue: Estadio Nacional, Santiago de Chile.
Chile were humiliated on Thursday at Ecuador as they were beaten 3-0 on the road. They will now face Peru in the early hours of Wednesday as they hope to get back to winning ways.
The Chilean team need to step up their game if they have the hope of qualifying for the Russia 2018 World Cup. They are currently 7th in the table with 11 points and are 4 points behind the intercontinental playoff spot.
Peru also have been poor in the qualifying games, they are currently 8th in the table with 8 points to their name. They have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 5 of their 9 qualifying games played so far. A win in this game will take them above Chile in the group table.
Chile vs Peru: Head to Head Statistics
- These two team have come a long way, they have played 17 times in the past
- Chile have won 12 of their previous 17 games against Peru, lost 4 games and drawn just once.
- Chile are currently on a winning streak against Peru, they have won their last 3 games against Peru.
- The Chilean team have scored at least 2 goals in each of their last 3 games against Peru
Chile vs Peru: Prediction
This two teams are in an Identical form, they have both won 2 of their last 5 games, lost 2 and drawn 1.
Looking at their forms after the Copa America Centenario, Peru are the better side. Peru have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1. They have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 games. While Chile are currently win-less, they have lost 2 and drawn 1. They have failed to score in their last 2 games and have conceded at least 2 goals in 2 of their last 3 games.
The current American Champions are poor at the moment and will need to put more effort in this game. The game could go either way, as there are no favourite in this fixture.
Chile vs Peru: Tips
- Over 2.5 goals at 1.65
- Both teams to score at 1.95.