Chievo Verona host a stuttering Fiorentina at Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi for the matchday 36 fixture in Italian Serie A 2015/16. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 19:45 GMT Saturday, 30th April 2016.
Fiorentina should have already sealed their Europa League qualification spot, but their inability to win matches in recent weeks have put them in a lurch. They are still six points clear of AC Milan in the run for final qualification spot and a win here will definitely confirm their entry into the next season’s tournament.
Chievo are 8th in the league table with 48 points and they can finish as high as sixth if they win their remaining three matches. They have little pressure and their current achievement is more than what expected from them in a highly competitive season.
- Chievo lost 1-0 to Atalanta in their last match, but were unbeaten in the 6 previous matches, with 4 wins and 2 draws.
- Chievo are unbeaten in their last 6 home games, with 4 wins and 2 draws. They are also on a 3 match winning run at home.
- Chievo have lost just once in their last 10 home matches.
- Fiorentina are coming after consecutive defeats and they have also lost 3 of their last 4 matches.
- The Viola have just won once in their last 9 league matches, with 4 defeats and 4 draws.
- Fiorentina’s away form is even worse as they have failed to win in their last 4 matches on the road, with 1 draw and 3 defeats.
Chievo: Team News
Chievo head-coach Rolando Maran has a mini crisis at the back as Dario Dainelli and Nicolas Frey are injured and Nicolas Spolli is suspended.
However there are plenty of options in attack as Riccardo Meggiorini, Antonio Flores, Sergio Pellissier and Roberto Inglese are all pushing for a start here.
Chievo: Predicted Line-up (4-3-2-1)
Gobbi, Cesar, Gamberini, Cacciatore,
Hetemaj, Rigoni, Castro,
Fiorentina: Team News
Yohan Benalouane and Khouma Babacar are injured for Fiorentina, while Josip Ilicic and Matias Vecino are doubts.
Paulo Sousa is likely to start with a 4-2-3-1 line-up considering the set-backs in the past weeks.
Fiorentina: Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Alonso, Astori, Rodriguez, Tomovic,
Tello, Ilicic, Bernardeschi,
Chievo vs Fiorentina: Head-to-Head Stats
- Fiorentina are on a 7 match winning run against Chievo in all competitions, with 6 of those coming in Serie A.
- Fiorentina have also scored at least 2 goals in each of their last 7 matches against Chievo.
- Chievo have lost their last two home games against Fiorentina and their record in last 5 home meetings against Fiorentina reads 1 win, 1 draw and 3 draws.
Chievo vs Fiorentina: Prediction
Chievo are in some good form, but their head-to-head record against Fiorentina is poor. At the same time, they do not have any pressure to get a result here and will be looking to play for the fans.
The Viola needs a win here and are coming on the back of some terrible form. They will be desperate to bounce back with a win here and keep hold on to the final Europa league qualification spot. They are in some tremendous pressure to get a result here as AC Milan is slowly closing in on them.
Chievo will be going to this match as favorites and are expected to grab a narrow win here. It is very likely that they keep a clean sheet here.
Chievo vs Fiorentina: Bet Tips
Best Bet: Chievo to win.
Big Money Bet: Chievo to win keeping a clean sheet.