Chievo vs Bologna
2016/17 Italian Serie A.
Date: Wednesday, 26th October 2016
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK,
Venue: Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi (Verona).
Having had to settle for a scoreless stalemate in their last fixture, Chievo will be desperate to get back to winning ways as they take on Bologna on home turf on Wednesday evening.
The Flying Donkeys have picked up just one point from their past two games. Rolando Maran’s side pride themselves on their strong home record. But that was undone as they were no match for a rampant AC Milan side that downed them 3-1. They were then held to a scoreless draw over the weekend by none other than Empoli, who are the one of the worst performing attack this season. For the Azzurri who are already involved in a battle to avoid the drop, every point is vital. But for Chievo, it surely will have felt like a huge disappointment after a bright start to the term.
Still, at home, Chievo have been quite strong. Yes, they did lose to a AC Milan, a side who have been quite excellent since Vincenzo Montella’s arrival. Furthermore, they have managed to beat sides like Inter and Sassuolo. And they will surely fancy their chances against a Bologna side, who are still struggling to find their footing. As for the visiting Rossoblu, they earned a 1-1 draw with Sassuolo – a result that will surely do wonders for their confidence.
Roberto Donadoni’s squad have been beset by injuries all season, with key striker Mattia Destro still unavailable. Chievo, meanwhile, will be missing Lucas Castro due to suspension.
Chievo vs Bologna: Head-to-head statistics
- Chievo have kept clean sheets in their last four meetings with Bologna across all competitions.
- The Flying Donkeys have lost just one out of their last 12 home games against the Rossoblu.
- Bologna have failed to win their last 11 road games.
- Chievo have lost just one out of their last 20 home games against teams ranked below them in the table (12 wins, seven draws).
- The Rossoblu have won just two out of their last 20 away games against teams ranked higher than them in the table (seven draws, 11 losses).
- Bologna have not beaten Chievo since January 2013.
Chievo vs Bologna: Prediction
Bologna’s poor away record is a major source of concern despite scoring consistently. They also can’t seem to keep their opponents from netting either. They do have a tendency to score early on, but then are unable to make this count. Thus turning a win into a draw or a draw into a loss. Chievo will naturally look to use their home ground advantage to the fullest. As they are side in desperation to quickly turn things around after two back-to-back disappointing results.
Chievo vs Bologna: Betting tips
Chievo to WIN at 11/10 (2.10)
Under 2.5 goals at 4/7 (1.57).