Chicago Fire vs New York Red Bulls:
MLS Regular Season,
Date: Monday, 1-August-2016,
Kick-off: 00:00 UK,
Venue: Toyota Park (Illinois).
An inconsistent Chicago Fire host Eastern Conference second placed team New York Red Bulls for Sunday’s MLS clash.
Chicago fire recently lost to New England Revolution on Sunday. Paunovic tutored side have produced a zigzag run of form, considering their last four games produced 3 defeats. Chicago fire sits bottom of the Eastern conference log with 17 point from their first 19 game of the season.
The Red Bull thrashed New York City in a table topper showdown in the New York derby last weekend. Red Bulls sits 2nd on the log with 31 points from 22 games, keeping tab of New York City who top the Conference log at a 2-point gap.
- Chicago Fire suffered defeats in their last two MLS games.
- Chicago Fire are undefeated in the last 5 home games and are coming on the back of consecutive home wins.
- New York Red Bull are currently on 4 game unbeaten run, winning twice during the period.
- New York Red Bull has managed to win just one of the first 11 away game of the season, bowing out to defeats in 7.
Chicago Fire: Predicted Line-Up (4-2-3-1)
Johnson: Harrington, Meira, Campbell, Vincent: Polster, Thiam – Accam, Cocis, Alvarez: De Leeuw.
New York Red Bulls: Predicted Line-Up (4-2-3-1)
Robles: Collins, Lade, Zubar, Zizzo: Mccarty, Felipe- Muyl, Kljestan, Grella: Wright Phillips.
Chicago Fire vs New York Red Bulls: Head-To-Head-Stats
- The sides met already once this season which resulted in a 1-0 win for the Red Bulls at home.
- Chicago Fire hold a healthy home record against Red Bulls in 15 home matches so far, with 10 wins, 4 draws and a loss.
- The only win for New York Red Bulls at Chicago was during the same fixture of last season, which finished 2-1 at full time.
- New York Red Bulls are on a three match winning streak against Chicago in all venues.
Chicago Fire vs New York Red Bulls: Prediction
Chicago are on a horrendous form and their recent results against the Red Bulls is far than disappointing. They surrendered the 14 match unbeaten run at home against the Red Bulls in last season’s MLS game at this very stadium. And they had already lost to the same opposition once this season.
New York Red Bulls haven’t done anything substantial while playing league games away from home this season. They had won just 1 games from 11 away games so far and as a reason Chicago have a real chance to get something out of the game.
This promises to be an electrifying encounter, considering it a game between sides at the opposing end of the log. Chicago fire will be fighting away from a swampy position on the log, while Red Bulls are looking to close on table topper.
There will be no shortage of goals on Sunday and would end up with both sides sharing points with full time score at 2-2.
Chicago Fire vs New York Red Bulls: Tips
- Over 2.5 goals
- Both Teams to Score.