Cheltenham vs Northampton
England – League Two
Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Whaddon Road (Cheltenham)
Only two points these two teams in the table make this match very interesting. Northampton would want to guarantee a spot in the playoffs despite equal on points with Port Vale. With a game in hand, the home team could cement their position in a playoff spot.
Both sides have scored over 45 goals this season. So we can expect an entertaining game of football this Tuesday.
Cheltenham vs Northampton: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Cheltenham has to wins in the last three head to head matches.
- Both sides found the net in all three of those games.
- The last win for Northampton against this opposition came at home back in April 2015.
- They have just 2 wins in their 15 trips to Cheltenham in league matches excluding playoffs.
- The hosts are on a 3 game unbeaten run at home in head to head matches.
- Northampton previously won a League game (excluding play-offs) at this venue back in February 2009.
Cheltenham vs Northampton: Prediction
In the current form, the host looks unbeatable. They are only five-match win streak in the league and have not lost a match in 2020. Northampton has lost their last match against Walsall in the league. If the head to head stats are also taken into consideration the home team are favorable to walk away with three points. So I am backing the home team to win easily this Tuesday.
The hosts failed to keep a clean sheet in 8 of there in competitive matches. They have scored in three consecutive games as well. Visitors have found goals in 4 of their recent away games as well. Since both teams are on a good scoring form we can expect goals from both sides in this upcoming game.
Cheltenham vs Northampton: Betting Tips
Cheltenham to win @ 2.10 (11/10).
Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).