Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5 January 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge (London).
Nottingham Forest plays the guests to Chelsea in this English FA Cup fixture at the Stamford Bridge. This 3rd round match of the competition takes place on Saturday.
Nottingham Forest has the 7th position in the Championship league table, after securing 39 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 39 goals till now and received 29 back. Nottingham Forest won 9 matches, drew another 12 and lost the remaining 5.
Chelsea is 4th in the Premier League table after recording 43 points till now. They won 13 games, drew 4 and lost 3. They found the net a total of 38 times and conceded 16 times.
The previous match-day witnessed, Chelsea win against Crystal Palace, on the road, 0-1 and Nottingham Forest win against Leeds, at home, with a score of 4-2.
Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest Head-to-head (h2h)
- Nottingham Forest lost the last h2h match against Chelsea.
- Chelsea won 4 of their last 5 matches.
- Nottingham Forest was winless in 5 of their last 6 games.
- Chelsea was unbeaten in 23 of their last 25 home-ties.
- Nottingham Forest was winless in 6 of their last 7 fixtures on the road.
- Chelsea has scored in 13 of their last 15 overall matches, and in 8 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Nottingham Forest has scored in 5 of their last 10 overall games, and in 8 of their last 10 away fixtures.
- Eden Hazard has been the best player for Chelsea with 10 goals and 9 assists this season, and Grabban L for Nottingham Forest, with 14 goals and 2 assists.
Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest Prediction
Chelsea has really reinvented themselves under new gaffer Maurizio Sarri and has looked much more like their old all-conquering selves. They are in tight pursuit for the Champions League spots next season, while promotion to the Premier League seems a distant possibility for Nottingham, currently seventh in the Championship table.
Chelsea has a 100% winning record against Nottingham, be it at home or on the road. There has never been an h2h match between the sides where Chelsea failed to score at least two goals. The combined scoreline for the last five h2h games is 15-3, in favor of Chelsea. Even with a handicap of -1, Chelsea will easily record a win against Nottingham.
Chelsea has conceded just a single goal at home in their last six attempts. The Blues have FA Cup triumph on their agenda as Liverpool and Manchester City have already left the rest of the teams including Chelsea, far behind in the title race for the Premier League. Chelsea will call upon their able defense for this tie and will not take this match lightly. They will progress to the next stage keeping a clean sheet.
Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest Betting Tips
To Win to Nil: Chelsea @ 1.90 (9/10)
EH (-1 for Chelsea); Chelsea to Win @ 1.60 (3/5).