Chelsea vs Arsenal
English Premier League
Date: Saturday, 18 August 2018
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge (London).
The London derby came too soon for Arsenal who are looking to settle under the new manager Unai Emery.
The Spanish tactician have a huge boots to fill in and would have wished for some easy fixtures upfront, however, they started off with a 2-0 defeat in front of their home fans against the defending champions Manchester City.
Chelsea won’t mind this after bagging a solid 3-0 win in a tricky fixture away at Huddersfield last week.
Maurizio Sarri didn’t have the majority of the team’s players in pre-season due to their participation in the World Cup, yet the likes of Hazard, Kante, Loftus-Cheek and Victor Moses made some part in the rout at Kirklees Stadium.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Head-to-head
- Overall Stats (175): Arsenal 75 wins, Chelsea 62 wins, 58 draws.
- The team’s met 4 times last season, Arsenal bagged a win and 3 draws.
- Both Premier League games of the season are draws, goal-less at the Bridge and 2-2 in Emirates.
- The other two came in the league cup, again goal-less at Stamford Bridge before the Gunners grabbed a 2-1 win at home.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in all competitions against Arsenal at the Bridge since 2011, 5 wins and 2 draws.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Prediction
The Blues are used to frequent managerial chances and their h2h record against Arsenal remain solid during those period.
Arsenal fans would have started this season with high hopes, however, nothing has changed other than the man making calls from the dugouts.
I am afraid, the Gunners are the same old win in a fresh bottle. Meantime, Chelsea shown no signs of pre-season hangover and bagged the momentum with the 3-0 win over Huddersfield.
I can see, nothing but a solid Chelsea win this Saturday.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Betting Tips
FT – Chelsea to win at 5/6 (1.83).
Brave punters can go for the Blues to win first half @ 7/5 (2.40).
Correct Ft Score: 2-0 @ 19/2 (10.50).