Chateauroux vs Caen
France – Ligue 2
Date: Friday, 6 March 2020
Kick-Off at 19:00 UK/ 20:00 CET
Venue: Stade Gaston Petit.
This battle is between two teams at the bottom half of the table. Caen is not in a hurry to get back to Ligue 1 after relegation. Their lack of form has helped other teams steal easy points. They are currently in 11th place and also have a 2 match win streak.
The hosts have to be wary about the danger looming around them. They are just 6 points above the relegation zone and since the table is closely packed are in need of some wins soon.
Chateauroux vs Caen: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Caen is unbeaten in their last 5 meetings against this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in total on 4 of those matches.
- Both sides scored in 3 games during that period.
- The visitors remain unbeaten in their last 6 trips to this venue (W1, D5).
- The hosts previously won at this venue back in January 2003.
- The most common score in the last 6 head to head game sat this ground was 1-1.
- In 6 of their 7 clashes here both sides were able to score goals.
Chateauroux vs Caen: Prediction
Both sides have defeated the second-placed Lens in recent weeks. Including that match, Chateauroux has scored in 7 of their previous 9 competitive matches.
Caen has also found the net in 4 of their last 5 matches on the road. The head to head stats clearly points at a similar result. So I am backing a score line with both teams getting goals.
It is hard to predict a clear winner in this match. Both these sides are on the wrong side of the table and the visitors are in a better position compared to their rivals.
Caen is on a 2 match win streak so they may cancel out the home advantage that Chateauroux has. The y are unbeaten against this opposition for years now. So in light of their h2h record, I am backing this match to end as a draw.
Chateauroux vs Caen: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 2.00 (1/1).
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.57 (4/7).