Charlton vs Reading
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 11 July 2020
Kick-Off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: The Valley (London)
Charlton has squandered both chances to ensure their stay at this tier for another season. Currently, they are just two points far from being sucked into the relegation zone.
The away team is 13th in the table and are on a two-match unbeaten run. This came after two consecutive defeats which makes them the favorites to win on Saturday.
Away record has also been better for Reading compared to many others in the league.
Charlton vs Reading: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Charlton has three wins and two defeats in five meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games across all venues.
- The visitors have two wins and three defeats in their last 5 trips to this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals came in four of those latest five games here.
- Both teams also found the back of the net in all those four games.
- The hosts are without a win in three back to back league games.
Charlton vs Reading: Prediction
The hosts have lost matches in frequent intervals at home. The recent wins for them at home was against Luton Town and Barnsley, both of whom are in the relegation zone.
Against teams above them, they have got very few positive results. At the same time, the visitors had to play some tough opposition like Leeds and Derby in past weeks.
Charlton is already struggling with a losing run and the away team is just the stark opposite in terms of form. So I am backing the visitors to get a narrow win in this one.
In all three recent home matches that Charlton lost they have failed to score.
Meantime, Reading have scored in all 8 back to back matches on the road except the one against Leeds. This run includes the two goals they scored against Cardiff in the Cup. So I am backing only one team to get in the score sheet in this tie.
Charlton vs Reading: Betting Tips
Both teams to score: No @ 2.00 (1/1).
The away team to win @ 1.90 (9/10).