Charlton Athletic vs Barnsley
England League One
Date: Saturday, 20 October 2018
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: The Valley (London)
The Red Army appointed Le Bowyer as manager in 2018 with plans to win the league. The team showed character last season but lost their way at the latter part of the season and ended up in 6th place.
Red Robins have a similar start this season and they are 6th in the table with 5 wins.
19 goals have been scored of which 7 is from Lyle Taylor who rose to the occasion luckily for his team. They are another team which has problems at the back accumulating 18 goals.
The last match in the league was lost to Coventry for a score 2-1. Bakayoko scored a brace for the visitors after Taylor converted from the spot in first half injury time.
The Tykes were relegated after an indigent performance in the Championship last year. They finished 22nd in the competition.
German coach Daniel Stendel replaced Jose Morais as the manager this year. He has put the team 3rd in League One already in contention for promotion.
Stendel’s side are fresh from a 3-2 victory over Luton. Brad Potts, Cameron McGeehan and Mamadou Thiam scored for the winners. Thiam is their top scorer with 4 goals in 12 appearances.
Charlton Athletic vs Barnsley: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Between 2008 and 2014, 7 h2h games were played and Barnsley own 4 times and lost just once.
- All these games were played between them in the Championship.
- The latest clash was back in April 2014 and Barnsley won 2-1 at London.
- Charlton have 5 wins from their last 10 games in all competitions. Last 5 games recorded over 2.5 goals in total.
- At home the Red Robins have won 2 and lost 1 of their last 5 matches.
- Travelling record of Stendel’s team is satisfactory with 3 wins in 5 games and losing only once.
- In their last 10 matches they have only lost once and won 6 times.
Charlton Athletic vs Barnsley: Prediction
The Barnsley side will be in a hurry to go back to the Championship. Over the years the club have set a standard among their compatriots and they would not want to tarnish that.
The away side are good on defense conceding just 9 goals till now. Also by scoring 26 goals they have already showcased the multiple sources from which they can find the net.
Possibly the Super Reds will be better than the Red Army on Saturday.
Charlton Athletic vs Barnsley: Betting Tips
Away win @ 1.62 (5/8).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.90 (9/10).