Cercle Brugge vs Kortrijk
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Saturday, 29 August 2020
Kick-Off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Jan Breydel Stadion (Brugge)
The Green and Black are fourth in the table after 3 games. Even though they started the season with a defeat, the two back to back wins have helped them a lot. But they were one of the most inconsistent teams last season. That was why they finished 11th in the points table. Like last season they have been poor in defending this year too. From three games they have scored five and conceded 4 in return.
The visitors had to satisfy with an 11th post last year. After three games they are 10th right now. Like their upcoming opponents, they have conceded far too many goals in this short span of time. They have a win and loss each from the three games.
Cercle Brugge vs Kortrijk: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Guys are on a five-game winning streak against this opposition.
- They have never lost in the last 11 meetings with Cercle Brugge (W10, D1).
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in eight of those 11 games across various venues.
- Four recent clashes also produced goals at both ends of the field.
- The visitors have never lost at this ground since November 2013.
- They have won the two recent visits to this venue.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all three previous meetings here.
- Five of their last six head to head games at this ground also had over 2.5 goals.
Cercle Brugge vs Kortrijk: Prediction
The hosts are in good form. Their recent win against Royal Antwerp who finished fourth last season was one of the major upsets at the start of this campaign. They have also defeated another strong opponent Mechelen away from home. On the other side, the visitors have never lost to the Green and Black for years now. They are also on an unbeaten run and draw the latest fixture with Eupen. So we may see both of them share points this weekend.
Both these teams are conceding at the rate of more than a goal per game. This goal-scoring trend is also visible in their head to head games as well. Both teams found the net in three consecutive clashes at this ground. So I am backing a Double Chance for Kortrijk and both teams scoring in this one.
Cercle Brugge vs Kortrijk: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Draw or Kortrijk to win @ 1.64 (7/11).
Both teams to score @ 1.65 (7/11).