Central Coast Mariners vs Newcastle Jets
Date: Friday, 24 July 2020
Kick-Off at 10:30 UK/ 11:30 CET
Venue: Central Coast Stadium (Gosford)
The Mariners are still at the bottom of the table after 23 games. They have a 13 point deficit with their nearest rivals Melbourne Victory. They need to win consecutive wins to close that gap and better their spot in the table.
The Jets have stunned both the top two teams in their last two league matches. Currently, they are on a two-match win streak. Also, they have won four of their last five games both home and away. Since they are scoring freely, the hosts will have a hard time on Friday.
Central Coast Mariners vs Newcastle Jets: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Jets have three wins and two defeats in their last five meetings with this opposition.
- Both sides found the back of the net in four of those five games across all venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were also scored in three of those head to head matches.
- The visitors are on a four-game unbeaten run at this ground (W3, D1).
- All four of those head to head matches had goals from both teams.
- Three of those games also recorded a final score with over 2.5 goals.
- The hosts have lost all five previous home matches in this league season.
Central Coast Mariners vs Newcastle Jets: Prediction
In the current form, the home side will not be a threat to the opposition. They are worse than a school team in defense. From 23 games they are conceding an average of more than 2 goals per game currently.
In the current campaign, they have lost 18 matches and have only 4 wins to boast about. The head to head stats at this ground also support the visitors who are unbeaten in their last four trips here.
There will be no shortage of goals in this one especially since the Mariners are on the field. They have given away numerous goals in the matches they lost and even in the ones they managed to win.
The visitors have scored past both Sydney FC and Melbourne City who are at first and second places in the table.
So there is no denying the fact that we may be in for a one-sided affair and I will be backing the visitors to win with a score of over 2.5 goals.
Central Coast Mariners vs Newcastle Jets: Betting Tips
Newcastle Jets to win @ 1.75 (3/4).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.50 (1/2)