Central Coast Mariners vs Wellington Phoenix
Date: Sunday, 8 March 2020
Kick-Off at 05:00 UK/ 06:00 CET
Venue: Central Coast Stadium (Gosford).
The Nix is on a 2 match win streak in the A-League. On the contrary, Mariners have lost 7 matches on the trot. They failed to score in 4 of those matches and conceded 22 goals in that spell.
On paper, the visitors are the stronger unit, but away form is a problem at present. They have lost in their 2 recent trips to Perth and Brisbane. Mariners are at the bottom of the table, so there is very little chance that they win this one.
Central Coast Mariners vs Wellington Phoenix: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Nix is on a 4 match win streak against the Mariners.
- Mariners won this fixture previously in February 2018.
- The team from New Zealand has scored 2 or more goals in all 4 recent meetings.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 matches on the trot.
- Both teams have 2 wins in their last 5 head to head game here.
- In 4 of those 5 games, the final score had less than 2.5 goals in total.
Central Coast Mariners vs Wellington Phoenix: Prediction
If the hosts are to win this one, it will be no less than a miracle. They have not won against even teams below the Nix. Wellington is on a 2 match win streak and they have one of the better defenses in the league. From 18 matches they scored 27 and conceded only 22 in return. Both their strikers Davila and Ball are in form and will be looking to extend their scoring spree.
So despite the visitors losing their last 2 away games, I would back them to win this one. I expect them to keep a clean sheet against a team that failed to score in 3 recent home matches.
Central Coast Mariners vs Wellington Phoenix: Betting Tips
Away win for Wellington Phoenix @ 1.44 (4/9).
Clean sheet for Wellington @ 3.50 (5/2).