Celtic vs St Mirren
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Celtic Park (Glasgow)
Celtic is well placed for yet another title in Scottish football. After 29 rounds they have 77 points and are 13 point lead over Rangers. An 8 match winning streak ended as they traveled to Livingston the last matchday. But at home, they have lost only once, that too to Rangers.
I don’t see the Saints emulating the win against Motherwell in yet another away match. Celtic has won all their head to head games against this opposition from 2008. With such dominance, St Mirren will be against the wall at Glasgow.
Celtic vs St Mirren: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Celtic has never lost to Saints since January 2013.
- They are currently on a 4 match win streak against this opposition.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of their last 5 head to head games.
- The Celts have won all 13 meetings against St Mirren at home on the trot.
- In 4 latest clashes between them at this ground the score was over 2.5 goals at full time.
Celtic vs St Mirren: Prediction
In the current form, the visitors are in for a tough ninety minutes against the toppers. They won the last trip to Motherwell, but that is not going to affect their performance in this upcoming match. Apart from the home defeat to Rangers, the hosts have never lost in front of their home crowd. In that home run, they scored a whopping 45 goals and conceded only 7 in return. So with such supremacy, I am backing only one team to score.
The Celts are scoring an average of 2.89 goals per game in the league. On the contrary, the visitors have conceded more than what they scored all season. In the light of these facts and the head to head stats, I am backing a high scoring game with over 2.5 goals in full time.
Celtic vs St Mirren: Betting Tips
- Over 2.5 goals @ 1.44 (4/9).
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.62 (5/8).