Celta Vigo vs Valencia
Spain – La Liga
Date: Sunday, 5 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Estadio de Balaídos.
Both Celta and Valencia have been two of the most inconsistent teams in the Spanish top flight this season, and have been conceding goals in huge numbers all along.
It goes without saying that the two squads are desperate to secure a win at any cost, and will go after each other this Sunday. And with goals coming in huge numbers in previous h2h encounters as well, anticipate a high-scoring affair this weekend at the Estadio de Balaídos.
Celta Vigo vs Valencia Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest clash had ended in a 2-0 win for Valencia.
- The last four overall wins were evenly split into two each for either squad.
- It’s been eight years since the hosts have failed to score at this stadium.
- Since 2000, the guests have failed to score at this ground just once.
Celta Vigo vs Valencia Prediction & Analysis
Celta recorded a 1-2 win on the road the last match-day in the league, against Alaves. However, before that, they were winless in 11 of the past 14 games before that, and in the process had gone on a a three-game losing run.
They are also on a four-fixture winless streak at home, and had lost four of the former eight appearances at home. Do also note that they have a single win at home in the whole of 2021, which had come against a team currently placed above the 17th position in the table.
On the other hand, Valencia were held to a 1-1 draw by Vallecano the past game week. They were also winless in ten of their past eleven overall matches, and have a single victory on the road since the second week of January.
Considering these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a goal-fest this Sunday at the Estadio de Balaídos.
Key Stats for Betting
- Valencia have a single win from the past five match-days in the league, and only four other squads have conceded more goals than them in the entire competition.
- They have kept a single clean sheet at home this whole season, and it had come against the 16th placed Granada.
- Meanwhile, Celta too have one win from the past five league matches, and have a total of four victories this whole Liga campaign.
- Disregarding a single victory against the 16th placed Granada, they have been completely winless at home this season.
Tips for Celta Vigo vs Valencia
Both Teams to Score @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).