Celta de Vigo will welcome Real Betis on Saturday night at Estadio de Balaidos as they hope for a home win to keep the dream of next season’s European competition alive. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 21:05 GMT on Saturday, 16th April 2016.
Celta de Vigo is in the 5th position with 52 points, a point above Athletic Bilbao in the 6th position and 4 points above Sevilla in the 7th position, they will be hoping for a home win to maintain their 5th position and keep their stretch further their good form.
Real Betis are far below any of the European spot but coming into this game on the back of a win, they are hoping for a win in this game to push themselves into the top half of the table.
- Celta Vigo are currently on a good form, they are unbeaten in 5 of their last 6 La Liga games.
- Celta de Vigo have a kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 La Liga games.
- Celta de Vigo are also superb at home as they are unbeaten in their last 6 home La Liga games.
- Real Betis are not all that good as they have lost 3 of their last 6 games.
- Real Betis have also failed to win 5 of their last 6 away games.
Celta Vigo: Team News
Marcelo Diaz is a major doubt and yet to be certified match fit due to muscle problem.
Celta Vigo: Predicted Line up (4-2-3-1)
Jonny, Gómez, Cabral, Mallo
Nolito, Orellana, Aspas
Real Betis: Team News
Vargas is certified fit and available for selection, while Pessela is expected to start ahead of Heiko Westermann.
Real Betis: Predicted Line Up (4-4-2)
Vargas, Pezzella, Gonzalez, Montoya
Musonda, N’Diaye, Ceballos, Joaquín
Celta Vigo vs Real Betis: Head-To-Head stats
- Each team have won 2 games each in their last 6 meetings and drew 2.
- Celta de Vigo have lost only 4 games at home against Real Betis, they have won 9 and drew 3.
- Games between these two teams are always rough as 4 of their last 6 meetings have recorded a red card
Celta Vigo vs Real Betis: Prediction
This game is a tough one and is expected to be rough like their last recent meetings with high number fouls and yellow cards and possibly a Red card too.
Celta Vigo have a better form than the visitors and could build on their recent wins to excel in this game.
Best bet: Celta to win or draw