It’s the Galician Derby this weekend as Celta Vigo welcome Deportivo La Coruna at Estadio de Balaidos.
Celta Vigo already know that this match needs nothing less than a win as that might jeopardize there chances of playing in Europe next season, They are 5th in the table with 48 points same points with 6th place Sevilla and they are ahead of Athletic Club in 7th with just 1 point.
Stuck in mid table, Deportivo have 36 points and are looking for a win in this match to at least claim bragging rights over Celta in the Galician Derby.
- Celta are in good run of form, They have won 3 of their last 5 games and they have 10 points from a possible 15 in their last 5 games.
- Deportivo are currently in a very poor form, having lost 3 of their last 5 games, they have only 4 points from a possible 15 in their last 5 games. They have won just 1 game in their last 5 games.
- Celta are unbeaten in their last 5 home games, while Deportivo have lost their last 3 away games and have been without a win in their last 8 away La Liga games. They have conceded a total of 7 goals in their last 2 away games.
Celta Vigo: Team News
Nemanja Radoja is back from suspension and would be available for selection while two midfielders Marcelo Diaz and Pablo Hernandez are missing in action.
Iago Aspas is a doubt for this game as he picked a slight knock but could be fit before the game.
Celta Vigo: Predicted Line up (4-2-3-1)
Alvarez – Jonny, Gomez, Cabral, Mallo – Wass, Radoja – Orellana, Nolito, Aspas – Guidetti.
Deportivo La Coruna: Team News
Fabrico and Manuel Pablo are still injured, while Sidnei is a slight doubt for the game but could be considered fit before the game.
Cani has a knock but could still play if he is fit in time before kick off.
Deportivo La Coruna: Predicted Line Up (4-2-3-1)
Lux – Juanfran, Sidnei, Arribas, Navarro – Mosquera, Borges – Cani, Alberto, Fajr – Perez.
Celta Vigo vs Deportivo La Coruna: Head-to-Head Stats
- Celta have hosted Deportivo 17 times, they have won 7, lost 5 and drew 5.
- Celta have scored at Least a goal in their last 4 home games against Deportivo.
- The last 5 games between these two teams have seen at least 2 goals.
Celta Vigo vs Deportivo La Coruna: Prediction
Both teams have struggled to score goals in their recent outings, but could reflect worse for Deportivo as they have scored just one goal in their last 3 away games.
Celta on the other hand are unbeaten at home in their last 6 home games in all competitons and kept a clean sheet in their last 2 at home.
Celta Vigo will be huge favourites to win this match, but expect it to come by a narrow margin and most probably by keeping a clean sheet. A 1-0 win is on the cards.
Best Bet: Celta Vigo to win @ 1.72