Ceara vs Sport Recife
Brazil – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 14 November 2021
Kick-off at 22:00 UK / 23:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Castelao.
Sport Recife are in a much greater need for points, but Ceara will enter the game in much higher spirits. The hosts lost just one of the last five league games. The loss came on Wednesday evening away at Athletico Paranaense. They won two in a row at Estadio Castelao and the home win has to be the way to go for us here.
Ceara vs Sport Recife Head-to-head
- Sport Recife lead the head-to-head tie by 4 wins going into the 18th clash with Ceara.
- However, Sport Recife are winless in the last three encounters with Ceara (two draws and one defeat in the process).
- Sport Recife did not score in any of the last three matches against Ceara.
Ceara vs Sport Recife Predictions & Analysis
Sport Recife’s ambitions of saving the elite class status suffered a serious blow on Wednesday evening when Gustavo Florentin’s men fell 2-34 at home to America Mineiro.
Everything went wrong for Sport in that game. They conceded the opening 19 minutes in, while their left winger Gustavo got sent off five minutes later.
America Mineiro doubled their lead eight minutes after the break and it seemed that the game was out of Sport’s hands at that moment.
Nevertheless, the team showed a phenomenal fighting spirit to come back and equalize at 2-2 before conceding the late goal to eventually lose 2-3 at the end.
It was the fourth defeat in the last five Serie A outings for Sport Recife who are now six points shy of Bahia in the safe zone.
Since Bahia have a game in hand on them, we can say that Sport Recife indeed have a mountain to climb to prevent the drop to the Serie B football.
The visitors will face a very tough challenge on Sunday when they take on mid-table Ceara who have been playing very well at home throughout the entire season.
Key Stats for Betting
- Ceara celebrated two separate 1-0 wins in the last two home games in the Serie A.
- Ceara won 8, drew 6, and lost only 2 of 16 home matches in the league this season.
- Sport Recife lost four of the last five league affairs.
- Sport Recife have the worst attacking line in the division with just 19 goals scored in 32 games.
Tips for Ceara vs Sport Recife
Ceara to win @ 1.85 (17/20)
Under 2.5 goals FT @ 1.50 (1/2).