Carlisle United vs Newport County
England – League Two
Date: Tuesday, 10 March 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Brunton Park (Carlisle)
Newport has a 6 point advantage over the Blues. They are fresh from a home win against Morecambe which came after 2 defeats. But away from home, they have to improve big time. From 16 matches on the road, they have lost 10 and have conceded 24 goals.
Carlisle is themselves are n a bad run of form with no wins in their last 4 home games. They have only one win in 5 league games in the recent past. Their defense has conceded about 1.55 goals per game and has only 2 clean sheets in their last 10 competitive games.
Carlisle United vs Newport County: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The County is on a 2 match win streak in head to head games against this opposition.
- Carlisle has only one win in their last 5 meetings at all venues.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of those 5 matches.
- Both teams scored in 3 of those matches as well.
- Both Carlisle and Newport has 2 wins in the 5 clashes at this ground.
- In 4 of those 5 matches, both teams scored at full time.
- The hosts remain unbeaten in their 3 recent h2h clashes here.
- Newport is on a 5 match losing run away from home.
Carlisle United vs Newport County: Prediction
In 20 of Carlisle’s home matches in the league, an average of 2.4 goals was scored per game. For the visitors, about 2.1 goals were scored in that particular time period, in matches away from home.
Newport may be on top of these opponents in the table but away form is a real concern for them. In 10 of their recent competitive away games, they lost 9 and the only win was against Scunthorpe. So the lack of clean sheets is quite evident and the hosts will have many chances to get goals.
Both sides found the net in 4 of their last 5 meetings at this ground. So I am backing a similar trend with less than 2.5 goals on Tuesday.
Carlisle United vs Newport County: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.95 (10/11).
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.60 (3/5).