Cardiff vs QPR:
England League Championship.
Date: Sunday, 14 August, 2016
Kick-off: 15:00 UK.
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium.
Cardiff City started their 2016/17 Championship campaign with a goal-less draw away from home at Birmingham. Four days from then, there suffered a 1-0 defeat to League One outfit Bristol Rovers in the Capital One fixture. The new head-coach Paul Trollope is staring at a potential disaster to the his first managerial job in six years since here departed Bristol Rovers. However he will be hoping to overturn the bad start in their first competitive home match of the season.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is having an excellent start to his first full season as the manager of Queen Park Rangers. He took over midway through last season and had little success after witnessing his side finish 13th in the standings. The 3-0 home win against Leeds United in the opening day of the Championship is followed by a 3-2 home win the Capital One tie against Swindon Town. This is the first away match of the season for QPR, who ended last season on a 10 match win-less run away from form.
Cardiff vs QPR: Head-to-Head Stats
- QPR and Cardiff City met for the first time since 2011 last season and each of the two league matches end in draws, 0-0 at QPR and 2-2 at Cardiff.
- The last three matches between these two sides have ended in draws.
- Cardiff have managed to win only once in the last eight meetings with QPR, while they lost 3 and drawn 4.
- QPR are unbeaten in the last four trips to Cardiff, however three of those are draws.
- Cardiff’s last home win against QPR was on January 2008, which is their only home win in 7 matches against the same opposition.
- Also, six of the eight home games of Cardiff against QPR has witnessed under 2.5 goals.
Cardiff vs QPR: Prediction
Cardiff has lost in each of the first two competitive matches of the season. Combining this with the two defeats and a draw in the last three friendly matches make it win-less in five matches. Also they haven’t scored in the last four matches. This might surely affect their morale and confidence and their recent struggles to win against QPR will be playing in the mind.
While QPR have started their season in style and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has bought some attacking intent to the side. They will definitely back themselves to take something away from this game. Moreover the pressure is on Cardiff to get a positive result, QPR will sit back and counter.
Unlike the previous meetings between these sides, this match might see over 2.5 goals as Cardiff are desperate to end their goal drought and QPR have already scored 6 in 2 games.
Cardiff vs QPR: Betting Tips
- Both Teams To Score.
- Double Chance – QPR/Draw.
- Over 2.5 goals.