Cardiff City vs Hull City
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 22 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium (Cardiff)
Cardiff still needs to win this match to ensure their place in the playoffs. Currently, they are n a two-match winning run which has boosted their morale for sure. With their opponents at the bottom of the table, they have the upper hand in this upcoming matchup.
The visitors are going from bad to worse. They are at the bottom of the table after two matchdays. They replaced Barnsley at the bottom after losing the last five matches on the trot. Since this is an away game they will have huge problems in getting at least a point.
Cardiff vs Hull: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Cardiff is on a three-match unbeaten run against this opposition.
- Both sides have two wins each in their last five meetings across all venues.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five games.
- The reverse fixture saw both teams scoring two goals each back in September.
- The visitors won in their three recent visits to this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three head to head matches at this ground in the recent past.
- The Tigers are on a nine-game winless run in away matches in the Championship.
Cardiff vs Hull: Prediction
The Tigers have no one else to blame for their misfortune. Having a chance for survival to falling to the bottom in just two weeks tells the story of the entire season.
While other teams in the relegation zone like Barnsley and Luton fought for a chance to stay in the Championship, the visitors made life worse for them. They are the only team to lose all five previous league matches. Since the home team is on a winning streak I am backing them to win this one too.
The largest defeat of the season was suffered by the visitors against Wigan. Including that game, they never managed to score in three previous matches on the trot. In three of those games, they conceded a whopping 10 goals.
Cardiff is also not so good at defending their goal as they have conceded in all four previous games. They have given away goals to this opposition in recent head to head matches here too. So I am backing the hosts to win with both teams getting goals.
Cardiff vs Hull: Betting Tips
Cardiff to win @ 1.40 (2/5).
Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).