Cardiff City vs Blackburn
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 15 January 2022
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium.
Based on recent form, Blackburn could be termed as the best team in the Championship. They are currently placed third in the table, and judging the slight struggles that the top two teams are experiencing, the team has a chance to climb to the top of the table.
They need a surplus of just three points to climb level with the first-placed Bournemouth.
Meanwhile, Cardiff have been one of the weakest in the league in 2021-22. They are barely staying above the relegation cut-off, and they have also had one of the weakest defenses in the entire competition.
Moreover, they also have a poor h2h record in recent games, against this rival.
Considering all these observations, expect a win for Blackburn this weekend at the Cardiff City Stadium.
Cardiff vs Blackburn Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest match-up had ended in a 5-1 win for Blackburn.
- They are on a six-fixture unbeaten streak.
- They had scored two or more goals in three of the past four meetings.
- It’s been six years since the hosts have won at this venue.
Cardiff vs Blackburn Prediction & Analysis
Cardiff were held to a 1-1 draw on the road by West Brom the last match-day. They are also on a five-game winless run, and they had lost nine of their past eleven appearances at home.
On the other hand, Blackburn were held to a 0-0 draw the past game week, by the sixth-placed Huddersfield. However, they were on a six-game winning streak before that, and they had also remained unbeaten in nine of the past ten fixtures.
Going on, they are also on a four-match unbeaten run on the road in league clashes, and three of these were wins.
Taking into account these observations, as well as recent h2h record, expect a win for Blackburn this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Blackburn are placed third in the table, and they have scored the most number of goals in the competition, barring Fulham.
- They are one of the only four teams in the competition to have stayed unbeaten in the past five match-days in the league.
- Meanwhile, Cardiff have a surplus of just four points over the relegation cut-off.
- They have won just six times all through the campaign, and only Peterborough have conceded more goals than them in the entire competition.
Tips for Cardiff vs Blackburn
Draw No Bet: Blackburn @ 1.80 (4/5)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Blackburn @ 2.50 (3/2).